Exit133 is about Tacoma
Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About The Red Hot Move
Ever since we learned last summer that The Red Hot would be moving into the larger space next door, anticipation has been building among Tacoma's more discerning beer-and-hot-dog set. When is the move going to happen? Will I be able to take my kids there? Will I be able to take my teetotalling, vegan friend there to play pinball? Will they change everything we love about our favorite spot?
If you too have these questions, or if you're just mildly curious about the future of one of Tacoma's smaller, but much-loved watering holes, they have a list of answers to almost all those questions, and more in a new TRH FAQ.
First things first, they will be doing everything they can to maintain the intimate atmosphere you've come to love - with a few more seats and a little more selection on both the beer and food lists.
Here are some highlights.
- They will be moving into the space on the corner, and completely leaving their current space.
- That move nearly triples the footprint from 1,052 square feet to 3,000 square feet.
- Nearly 2,000 square feet of that will be bar and restrooms, the rest will be back-of-house
- Still no kids allowed.
- Still no hard liquor.
- The beer: Going from 15 to 25 tap handles, and a lot more bottles
- The food: Slightly expanded menu with returning favorites, new dogs, new sides, and new cooking techniques. Still no fryer.
- Pinball: Still no, but maybe a few more board games.
The real question everyone is asking, of course is when??? The answer is a little less specific than we might want, but here it is.
Right now...the best we can say is May sometime. We incurred many delays during the permitting process, and had to upgrade the building before we could start on our space. We are working as fast as we can...and apologies for the noise/mess.
For more answers to your burning questions, visit the TRH FAQ page. For beer and hot dogs, you'll have to wait until at least lunchtime. (Doors open at 11, just in case...)
Do you want to help the folks at Exit133 pay our bills and keep up with of all things Tacoma? Do you want to see even more coverage? Exit133 has always been free to read and comment, and it will stay that way. However, over the years, readers have contributed to the bank account to help us keep up our coverage of goings-on around town. Contribute and this message disappears!Support Exit133