Exit133 is about Tacoma
Free Home & Garden Workshops - More Fun Than a Barrel of Rain?
On Friday a group of Tacoma residents gathered to learn how to keep worms happy. It was the first of the fall series of free home and garden workshops from the City of Tacoma.
The workshops are free opportunities for Tacoma residents to learn from the experts on ways to make their gardens, and their homes greener. Topics range from composting and pruning to energy-efficient heating and lighting options. The workshops are held at the City's EnviroHouse at the Landfill
All workshops are free to Tacoma and Pierce County residents, with advanced registration. The popular ones fill up quickly, but if the workshop you want is free, you're encouraged to sign up for the wait-list - cancellations happen, and often a second session will be added when the demand warrants. But who wants to risk it?
Go ahead and sign up today, and next spring you could be one of the cool kids with the rain barrels... (Seriously, this class is already so popular, they filled one, and started a second)
Find links to class details and registration on the Envirohouse page.
- Yard Waste and Worm Bin Composting - September 12 - 10:30 AM
- Natural Daylight with Solatube - DIY Demo - September 19 - 10:30 AM
- Natural Daylight with Solatube - DIY Demo - NEW - September 19 - 1 PM
- Winter Gardens: Plants, Cover Crops, Mulch - September 26 - 10:30 AM
- Weatherization: Insulation and Duct Sealing - October 3 - 10:30 AM
- Ductless Heat Pump Advantages and Incentives - October 10 - 10:30 AM
- Pruning Landscape Trees and Shrubs - October 17 - 10:30 AM
- Rain Barrels: How to Make and Maintain - Full - October 18 - 1:30 PM
- Rain Barrels: How to Make and Maintain - New - October 18 - 3 PM
- Bright Ideas, Smart Lighting: LEDs at Home - October 24 - 10:30 AM
- TBA - Topic To Be Announced - October 31 - 10:30 AM
Don't see what you're looking for on this list? Try one of these workshop series:
- Pierce County Free Edible Garden Workshops - Tacoma, Lakewood, Puyallup, and Orting
- Gallucci Learning Garden Free Workshops - South 14th and G streets
- Tacoma, WAWSU Pierce County Master Gardeners
Do you want to help the folks at Exit133 pay our bills and keep up with of all things Tacoma? Do you want to see even more coverage? Exit133 has always been free to read and comment, and it will stay that way. However, over the years, readers have contributed to the bank account to help us keep up our coverage of goings-on around town. Contribute and this message disappears!Support Exit133