Exit133 is about Tacoma
Grand Opening: REVIVE Opens in the Dome District With 5 Local Furniture Makers
Here's a grand opening to put on your calendar: REVIVE, a collective of local furniture makers is opening in the Dome District. This latest Spaceworks project will fill that now colorful building at the corner of Puyallup Avenue and D Street.
It's the latest building in the strip renovated by Jori Adkins and Rick Semple, and we've been watching it since they started renovations, looking forward to something cool going into the space. The building that now houses the new 2,500 square-foot showroom once housed a lumber company and then an upholstery business, so its new life fits right in with its history.
REVIVE will feature the work of five sustainable furniture makers:
- Birdloft - Jeff Libby & Adrienne Wicks, owners of birdloft, craft their pieces meticulously – “with the cold ruthlessness normally reserved for hipster designers, and with the ingenuity of architect-craftspeople who understand materials as dynamic forces. And truth be told, we are endlessly transported by the material we work with.”
- Spring Fever Upholstery - Spring Fever is all about taking well-worn vintage pieces and not only restoring them, but bringing them up to today’s design and comfort standards.
- Alchemy Concrete Works -Chris Barone & Mike Carpenter, owners of Alchemy Concrete, use concrete, steel, wood, and reclaimed materials to create one-of-a-kind, artful and functional fixtures and furnishings sinks, counter tops, furniture, outdoor pieces, and more.
- rePly Furniture - Steve Lawler, owner of rePly Furniture, creates exceptional, hand-crafted, eco-friendly furniture from reclaimed and salvaged materials for people who are tired of mass produced, run of the mill choices.
- Wayne + Flitch - Owners Brett Johnson, Jon Sayre and Jeff Wolff, explain Wane & Flitch this way: “Your source for live edge wood slabs and finished furniture. We carefully control the entire process in-house. From salvaging of the tree, to the milling and drying, to the final fabrication. Each piece is incredibly unique and we take great pride in knowing exactly where it came from."
It's a lot of good looking furniture, made locally out of sustainable materials. Just in time for Christmas.
REVIVE is located at 323A Puyallup Avenue. The grand opening is scheduled for Third Thursday, December 18 from 5 to 9 p.m. Spaceworks asks that you RSVP to email@example.com
Do you want to help the folks at Exit133 pay our bills and keep up with of all things Tacoma? Do you want to see even more coverage? Exit133 has always been free to read and comment, and it will stay that way. However, over the years, readers have contributed to the bank account to help us keep up our coverage of goings-on around town. Contribute and this message disappears!Support Exit133