Link to Run Until 10:00 PM?

We saw via the BIA blog today that Sound Transit’s plan for 2008 includes keeping the Tacoma Link service open until 10:00 pm on weeknights.

If included, the additional hours would make the Link a viable option for night students at UWT. The Link ends service before the late classes get out, slamming the street parking in the area. This should make more parking available and help UWT and the restaurants in the downtown core.

Sound Transit is taking public comment on their draft plan on December 4 in Seattle.

Link to Sound Transit

Erik Hanberg

I really liked all of Jenyum’s contributions to that discussion. Thanks, TacomaMama!

November 10, 2007 at 3:15 pm / Reply / Quote and reply

Erik B.

I’m mad that there’s no more middle class and I barely had a chance to wave hello to it as it passed me by. I’m mad that I don’t have health insurance. I’m mad that Tacoma’s high schools are drop out factories, or at least labeled that way.

Very cogent and passionate rants Jenyum.  Almost reads like poetry.

Thanks for putting up a great blog in Tacoma.  Lots of great content on Tacoma from a unique perspective: kid friendly. Your blog entries alone could comprise an entire Tacoma directory.  Perhaps you will make an interface with Google Maps connected with all of your posts.

November 10, 2007 at 4:13 pm / Reply / Quote and reply

I’m confused by this pick, unless it’s to subtly point out its irony.

She listens to liberal radio 8 hours a day to keep herself off online conversations (though she was just in one) and writes blogs about anything besides what she’s pissed off about instead of doing something changing them.

Some of her other comments were much more deserving to be recognized, like suggesting better communication (than protests and blogs) for important issues.

Perhaps she needs to switch radio stations to one that covers issues like the Northwest Detention Center.

November 10, 2007 at 4:41 pm / Reply / Quote and reply

Mofo from the Hood

Jenyum, you’re not mad.

People that are mad don’t know it.

November 10, 2007 at 6:23 pm / Reply / Quote and reply

sometimes “mad” is what it takes for change.  great catalyst!  I for one am glad when people finally get beyond resignation and apathy.  Go Jen!  Go our community!

November 10, 2007 at 7:15 pm / Reply / Quote and reply

Crenshaw Sepulveda

Derek said, “but several posts regarding the protests seemed to carry a bit more weigh”

I’m just glad that no one has said that my butt carries a lot of weight.

November 10, 2007 at 7:28 pm / Reply / Quote and reply

Bell Capt:

Thank you Tacoma Police Dept. and others for keeping us “open for business” the past #2 days. That has enabled myself and many others to ‘earn a living” in this great City called <span class=“caps”>TACOMA</span>- “Peace” :

November 10, 2007 at 8:59 pm / Reply / Quote and reply

Thank you, Jen, for distracting yourself so productively and unselfishly. TacomaMama.com is a great community asset … and just one of many ways I know you work hard to make Tacoma a great place to live.

November 11, 2007 at 4:06 pm / Reply / Quote and reply

Tacoma (A)roma

Im pretty sure business as usual would have happened regardless of the Tacoma 5-0.

Now that the big bad anarchists are gone, what will you business owners blame for your lack of customers?

November 12, 2007 at 10:14 am / Reply / Quote and reply

Laura Hanan

I don’t know …maybe negative energy like No. 9 … number 9…number 9?

November 12, 2007 at 10:51 am / Reply / Quote and reply

Tacoma Aroma, are you suggesting anarchists are good for downtown business??

November 12, 2007 at 12:20 pm / Reply / Quote and reply

I tried to say thank you before, but I think I forgot to hit Submit.

Anyway, thank you, I just saw this today.  I was feeling a little embarrassed about letting go like that.

November 12, 2007 at 10:16 pm / Reply / Quote and reply

Crenshaw Sepulveda

Don’t be embarrassed. At least no one is linking your butt to global warming.

November 12, 2007 at 10:37 pm / Reply / Quote and reply

Tacoma (A)roma

Ive just read so much about store owners being in such a delicate financial situation that they are “1 chair thrown through a window” away from losing their business.

I guess I didnt realize how reactionary people are. Next time theres a protest I wonder if these people will all cry wolf again. Hopefully most of these stores dont even exist by then; and maybe in their place we could get some businesses that we would all actually shop at.

You know what would be good for downtown business? Less focus on students from <span class=“caps”>SOTA</span> & <span class=“caps”>UWT</span>, hippes, and expensive vintage clothing.

November 14, 2007 at 3:37 pm / Reply / Quote and reply

Crenshaw Sepulveda

I would take exception to the notion of less focus on students from <span class=“caps”>SOTA</span> and <span class=“caps”>UWT</span>. In any city where they have any common sense at all they make certain that they attract and retain the student types.  They are the foundations upon which great cities are built.

Take a look at Atlanta, they do a sterling job of attracting educated young people.  Cities that lose the young tend to die off, cities that increase the numbers of young people in their communities tend to prosper.  Sorry, but we should focus on the students, they are the future that Tacoma needs.It was Tacoma (A)roma’s kind of thinking that got Tacoma into the mess she is in and will keep her from being the great city she can be.

November 14, 2007 at 8:00 pm / Reply / Quote and reply

Tacoma (A)roma

I wasnt trying to take away focus on creating an educated populace. I just have high hopes for the city and certain aspects of it drive me crazy.

November 15, 2007 at 9:24 am / Reply / Quote and reply