New Brewery Coming to Downtown

In more Tacoma booze-related and Brewery District news this week, Seattle Beer News reports Wingman Brewers will open at the edge of the downtown brewery district in the next few months.

According to the story, the brewery will begin strictly as a production brewery with keg distribution.

Between work starting on the new McMenamins project, a new downtown distillery, and now this news, 2011 is looking to be a good year for craft booze and brews in Tacoma.

Read more at SeattleBeerNews.com

Thanks to tipster Alex Straub.

Comments

crenshaw sepulveda

BN!!OI!!

January 13, 2011 at 2:03 am / Reply / Quote and reply

high bar

Mr. or Ms. Low Bar….have you been to any of the pubs in Tacoma?  The Parkway, The Red Hot, Terry’s Office, Magoos Annex, The Stongate, The Alehouse…the list goes on and on of great places you can get some food and a pint in Tacoma.  If you go down to any of these pubs after 5pm you’re gunna find the hardworking people that make Tacoma Great…not to mention the wait staff.  If you don’t like Tacoma’s pubs maybe you should go to England..or Seattle

January 13, 2011 at 10:42 pm / Reply / Quote and reply

Altered Chords

It’s half way not halve way.  Are you from england or something?

January 14, 2011 at 3:46 am / Reply / Quote and reply

crenshaw sepulveda

Acme Grub Cage Tavern, that’s Tacoma grit.

January 14, 2011 at 5:29 am / Reply / Quote and reply

“…dive bars rule. <span class=“caps”>TOT</span> is the best bar in town <span class=“caps”>IMHO</span>…”

Funny thing is, I bet I could design a great bar. I have lots of cool ideas, but no ambition to operate a bar/pub.

January 14, 2011 at 8:45 am / Reply / Quote and reply

low bar

thats ok. maybe you could just make less obviously contrived microbrew ad campaigns

January 14, 2011 at 3:29 pm / Reply / Quote and reply

fergy o'hooligan

What’s all this about bars and beer and Acme Grub BS. I was talking to my friend Billy bemoaning the state of gritty T Town and he had great news. Forget Russel, Nalley and Mc Shenimins. Apparently the Game on Sports bar on Sixth Ave has new owners and they have a <span class=“caps”>HUGE</span> concept. A new bar staffed with “little people” and with handy stripper poles on the bar. Oh yes.. Tacoma is back, Baby.

January 14, 2011 at 8:26 pm / Reply / Quote and reply

CA

I’m a huge fan of Doyles Pub.  Frankly, I don’t care if they call it a pub, bar, watering hole, or whatever.  If I like it I like it.  And I like it.

January 14, 2011 at 9:22 pm / Reply / Quote and reply

low bar

its only watering hole but i like it

January 14, 2011 at 9:45 pm / Reply / Quote and reply

UrbanDK

If anyone was at the Beautiful Angle benefit at King’s Books in December, Wingman was servin’ up some nice samples of their brew! Delish if I say so myself.

January 16, 2011 at 3:39 am / Reply / Quote and reply

Tacom-man

Bars and pubs are not differentiated by whether or not their clientele are ‘hardworking’ or ‘gritty’. The traditional differences are your drink options (liquor or no liquor?) and your food options (appetizers/snacks vs full meals?). In my experience, this definition is not strictly adhered to in the US. The article says Wingman is going to distribute kegs, bars serve beer out of kegs, so I’d expect to see them served in bars as well as pubs.

January 20, 2011 at 4:50 pm / Reply / Quote and reply

Marthared

Much success to you fine young gentlemen! ;)

January 21, 2011 at 2:16 am / Reply / Quote and reply