Papercraft Old City Hall Winners

Last week we asked you to consider building a papercraft Old City Hall. We were shocked how often the (papercraft) Old City Hall has appeared in our lives since. Most surprising was finding Michael Buchanan at Thursday night bocce with an Old City Hall in the front seat of his car. The deadline was Saturday. Today is Wednesday. So, who are the winners?

First Completed Old City Hall
The first entry appeared less than two hours after announcing the contest. Impressive.

Submitted by Nick

Best Constructed / Most Creative
Sometimes the reuse of the building doesn’t quite pencil out and additions need to be made. Add a few floors… Extend the clock tower to make it a bit more … spire like. Although we have to ask, where’s the parking?

Submitted by Dave L

Congratulations.

Previously on Exit133

Comments

Nick

Oooh, Dave’s is very clever – nicely done! Glad to see I wasn’t the only one that was excited about this buried digital treasure ;-)

June 11, 2008 at 9:34 am / Reply / Quote and reply

Martin

What’s the story on the guy hanging from the clock face. It seems familiar, but I can’t place it.

June 11, 2008 at 10:19 am / Reply / Quote and reply

RR Anderson

Dave L. is a king among men

June 11, 2008 at 10:24 am / Reply / Quote and reply

Brooks

The man on the clock face has to be a reference to the Harold Lloyd, Safety First (1923).

June 11, 2008 at 10:53 am / Reply / Quote and reply

Dave L.

<span class=“caps”>PARKING</span>! – I wish I would have thought of that!  Can I re-submit?  And I didn’t come close to approaching Drizell’s height-standards.  Only two days to think <span class=“caps”>AND</span> build was a crunch.  (As it was, I still recycled a previously-used idea.) But thanks; I’m looking forward to more stuff like this now and then.

RR, you’re saying that just because I gave you a boat.

June 11, 2008 at 1:36 pm / Reply / Quote and reply

Dave L.

Nick, your <span class=“caps”>OCH</span> is true and plumb – Speaking of digital treasures, I know you’d like this site.  It’s one of the neatest paper-model site I’ve stumbled upon.  The models are moderately challenging and somewhat time-consuming, but very satisfying (I always ruin the first couple).

June 11, 2008 at 2:09 pm / Reply / Quote and reply

Brooks

Another site worth investigating is ReadyMech which, in addition to a series of cut-out toys, offers cut-out pinhole cameras courtesy of the folks at Corbis free for the downloading.

June 12, 2008 at 7:16 pm / Reply / Quote and reply