Exit133 is about Tacoma
Shoot The T Photo Contest Returns
The Shoot The T photography contest, hosted by downtown Tacoma clothing retailer eTc Tacoma, is back.
TACOMA, WA – Shoot The T is a photo contest created to showcase the beauty of Tacoma as well as promote art and creativity in the City of Destiny. The winning contestant is destined for a grand prize, but also the honor of capturing a photo that brings pride to a hometown. This competition is a collaboration between the streetwear brand and boutique eTc Tacoma (www.etctacoma.com), the Gallery of Ambition (www.galleryofambition.com), and Tacoma Apparel Co (www.tacomaapparelco.com). This event is presented by Aroma Unltd (www.aromaunltd.com).
The competition is open to anyone with a smartphone and a love for Tacoma. Here's how it works:
- Take a picture of something that is beautiful to you in Tacoma.
- Share it on Instagram, tagged with @ShootTheT_Tacoma and #ShootTheT in the comments. (If you're not on Instagram, email your best shots to firstname.lastname@example.org with #shootthet in the subject.)
- Photos will be reposted on the Shoot the T Instagram account between June 1 and June 14.
- Finalists will be selected, with the top 15 determined by number of "likes."
- Those 15 will be displayed at eTc Tacoma (907 Pacific Ave, Tacoma, WA 98402), where the public is invited to vote in person for their favorites between June 24 and 27, narrowing the field to the top 3 photos.
- A panel of judges will choose the final winning photo. The winner will be awarded $253 in cash from Aroma Unltd, a $100 gift card to eTc Tacoma, as well as prizes from the contest sponsors.
Read more and link to contest rules from the official contest press release. Submit your own photo by the contest deadline of June 14, 2015, and be sure to follow along and like your faorites on Instagram - it's a great way to put some beautiful shots of Tacoma in your feed.
This contest is now in its third year, and it's always a fun way to get a glimpse of what Tacoma looks like through someone else's lens.
Do you want to help the folks at Exit133 pay our bills and keep up with of all things Tacoma? Do you want to see even more coverage? Exit133 has always been free to read and comment, and it will stay that way. However, over the years, readers have contributed to the bank account to help us keep up our coverage of goings-on around town. Contribute and this message disappears!Support Exit133