Here will be a configuration form
Exit133 is about Tacoma
Bike Everywhere Challenge: Ride and Win!
May 1, 2018 at 12:00 am
2018 Bike Everywhere Challenge: Team Captain Sign-upThis May, celebrate the tenth annual Bike Month in Tacoma and Pierce County, where many bicycle-related activities and events are planned to engage the community in bicycling resources. The programming is for people of all ages and skill levels, and is presented by community bicycle organizations, the City of Tacoma, Pierce County, and Pierce Transit.All month long residents can participate in the Bike Everywhere Challenge by riding a bike anywhere they might otherwise drive or commute. When residents ride to the park, library, grocery store or other destination and log their trips at PierceTrips.com, they will be entered to win a number of exciting prizes.Bike Everywhere Challenge Team Rules How to register your Bike Everywhere Challenge Team at www.PierceTrips.com Visit bike253.com in April for a link to a full calendar of Bike Month events to share with your team.
- Teams must have 4-12 participants including one captain.
- Team members can be from multiple work sites or your community.
- Multiple teams may be formed at the same workplace or in your community.
- During Tacoma-Pierce County Bike Everywhere Challenge (May 1-31) participants keep track of how many days they commute to work by bicycle and record their trips in the online calendar at PierceTrips.com.
- Recruit team members from your place of employment, your building or your community.
- Choose a team name—something fun and splashy, or perhaps something that best describes your company, type of work or group.
- Follow the directions below to register your team.
- Encourage the participation of people who may not be avid bicyclists and may need extra support to get started. Refer new cyclists to the bicycle section on the websites listed below.
- Keep participants up to date on events throughout the month. Get people inspired about biking everywhere and extol the benefits of riding.
- If riding to work, act as a liaison between team members and your Employee Transportation Coordinator (ETC). Report registration and results to the ETC for your workplace.
- Captains may decide to negotiate challenges between teams either at their workplace or at another participating workplace. They may also try and elicit support from their employer to encourage participation or provide incentives. Incentives could include gaining permission for “casual” dress days or a half hour late arrival on days employees ride their bike to work.
- Try to get management involved. Perhaps your CEO will ride his or her bike to work if you ask!
- Encourage teammates to log their rides for a chance to win prizes!
- If you are not already logging trips, you will need to open a Trip Calendar account. Begin by clicking on New User and complete the registration form. Already registered? Simply Login. Did you forget your password? Please request a new password by clicking on Forgot Password.
- Click on Teams on the purple bar across the top of the page.
- Click on Create a Team.
- Name your team, select the campaign, and affiliate your team with your employer or school (Associating a team with an employer or school will allow them to view your team’s trip statistics).
- Click the purple Save button.
- You are now listed as the Team Captain. Start inviting members to your team by clicking on the blue Invite a Member button.
- Check back in to see how your team is doing by clicking on the blue Reports button.
LocationTacoma and Pierce County
More Information Facebook
Potentially Similar Events
Tech News Sites– Get To Know All The Latest Features Of Smartphones!
March 24, 2018 at 12:00 am
Bike to a Business - Tinkertopia
April 1, 2018 at 12:00 am
Dining Out For Life
April 26, 2018 at 12:00 am
The Swiss 25 Year Anniversary
April 26, 2018 at 11:00 am
Used Bike Purchase 101
April 27, 2018 at 6:00 pm
10th Annual Tacoma Bike Swap
April 28, 2018 at 10:00 am