Here will be a configuration form
Exit133 is about Tacoma
Talk the Walk: Tacoma Pedestrian Crossing Improvement Project Public Meeting
March 24, 2014 at 6:00 pm
City of Tacoma officials and staff are asking residents to talk with them about crossing locations in need of pedestrian improvements. The City is planning to spend $2.5 million in one-time funds on pedestrian crossing improvements throughout the community. The funds will be dispersed $300,000 per council district and $1 million in Downtown Tacoma.
Residents are being invited to discussions being held throughout city council districts. In addition to seeking specific locations, City staff are asking for feedback on the considerations that should serve to prioritize projects. This will contribute to the City’s Transportation Master Plan, currently under development, and help determine future pedestrian-focused projects, as this effort is not expected to be able to meet all existing needs. The City is hosting each discussion from 6-7 p.m. Each meeting is open to attendees that work or live in any part of Tacoma.
Those unable to attend the discussions in person are welcome to “talk” to City staff via online. Residents may fill out a questionnaire from the City’s website at cityoftacoma.org/walk. The questionnaire will be available beginning Monday, March 17 and run through April 14, 2014.
- Monday, March 24 - District 2 - Center at Norpoint Cascade Room - 4818 Nassau Ave. N.E.
- Wednesday, March 26 - District 4 - Blix Elementary Library - 1302 E. 38th St.
- Monday, March 31 - District 5 - Birney Elementary Library - 1202 S. 76th St.
- Wednesday, April 2 - District 3 - Tacoma Public Utilities Building Auditorium - 3628 S. 35th St.
- Wednesday, April 9 - Downtown - Main Library Branch - 1102 Tacoma Ave. S.
- Thursday, April 10 - District 1 - Wilson High School Library - 1202 North Orchard St.
A second round of June meetings will keep the conversation going as staff share community feedback and the resulting draft list of prioritized projects.
Questions may be directed to Project Manager Mark D’Andrea at (253) 591-5518 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
LocationCenter at Norpoint
4818 Nassau Avenue Northeast
Tacoma More Information